Metro closing time change for Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Metro service hours will be adjusted on Tuesday, June 2, 2020, due to the announced 7 p.m. curfew in the District of Columbia and related public safety considerations.
- Service will operate until 8 p.m., at which time last trains will depart downtown transfer stations.
- Last train times will vary based on the station; inbound service (toward downtown) will end earlier than 8 p.m.
- Metrobus service will operate until 9 p.m. systemwide.
- Bus trips that are scheduled to depart at 9 p.m. or later will not operate.
- Buses already in service at 9 p.m. will continue their routes to the end of the line before going out of service.
- MetroAccess will not begin any new trips (i.e. “outbound” service from customers’ residences) after 9 p.m. Customers with existing reservations will be contacted by the MetroAccess service center.
Customers are reminded to travel on Metro only if essential, as capacity and service levels are reduced due to the Covid-19 health emergency and to allow safe social distancing. Anyone traveling on Metro is required to wear a face covering to help protect against the spread of the virus.
For the latest service information sign up for MetroAlerts email and text updates at wmata.com/metroalerts.