Metro service information for Memorial Day, Monday, May 31
On Memorial Day, Monday, May 31, Metrorail will open at 8 a.m. and close at 11 p.m., operating on a Sunday schedule. Metrobus service will vary by route, with buses running on a Sunday schedule. MetroAccess customers may make a reservation to travel on the holiday; however, subscription trips will be canceled.
- Metrorail will open at 8 a.m. and close at 11 p.m.
- Trains every 12 minutes on the Red Line and every 15 minutes on all other lines during daytime hours.
- After 7 p.m., trains every 15 minutes on the Red Line and every 20 minutes on all other lines.
- Due to the summer Platform Improvement Project that runs continuously through September 6:
- West Hyattsville, Prince George's Plaza, College Park-U of Md and Greenbelt closed.
- Free shuttle buses provided to/from the closed stations. Read here for details and travel alternatives.
- Off-peak fares will be in effect all day and parking will be free at all Metro-owned parking facilities.
- Buses will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Service varies by route, check timetables for details.
- All subscription trips will be canceled Monday.
- Customers wishing to travel on the holiday should make a separate reservation online (text only) or by calling 301-562-5360 (TTY 301-588-7535)
In addition, Metro's customer information line and customer relations call centers will be closed on the holiday. Automated information is available 24/7 by calling (202) 637-7000 or online at wmata.com.