For immediate release: July 5, 2022
Metro seeks public input on East Falls Church bus loop expansion and pedestrian ImprovementsMetro is seeking public input on the proposed bus loop expansion and pedestrian improvements at East Falls Church Station.
The station currently has four bus bays that are operating at maximum capacity. In coordination with Metro, Arlington County seeks to expand the footprint of the existing bus loop, upgrade the existing bus shelters, and add three bus bays with shelters at the station. The project also aims to improve sidewalks, crosswalks, lighting, and landscaping within and around the station, including improving the crosswalks between the station entrance and the existing bus loop on North Sycamore Street.
Bus capacity and pedestrian access improvements are necessary to accommodate projected transit ridership growth at the station. East Falls Church Station is the first eastbound station that connects the Silver Line with the Orange Line, making it an important transfer point for rail and bus riders. Feedback from the public on these proposed changes is essential as this project moves forward.
To learn more about the project, visit Arlington County’s website.
How to provide feedback
- Take a survey and provide written comments by 5 p.m. on Monday, August 1.
- Participate in a virtual public hearing on Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.
- To participate by phone, call 855-925-2801 and enter meeting code 4773.
- To participate via video, preregister by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. the day before the Public Hearing.
- Watch or listen to the virtual public hearing live at on our capital and service plans page, on YouTube, or by calling 855-925-2801 and entering meeting code 4773.
Public feedback will be provided to Metro's Board of Directors as part of the final decision-making process.
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, disability, or family status. ASL interpretation will be provided. To request other accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other language interpretation services (free of charge), contact the Office of the Board Secretary at 202-962-2511 (TTY: 202-962-2033) or send a message to email@example.com as soon as possible, so Metro can make the necessary arrangements before the public hearing date.