Metro and Arlington County seek public feedback on proposed second entrance to Crystal City Station
Metro and Arlington County are seeking the public’s feedback on a second entrance to Crystal City Metrorail Station. The station is one of the more highly used stations in Arlington County, and the proposed second entrance would provide additional capacity to accommodate more riders as the region continues to grow.
Metro invites customers to provide input by Friday, July 23 at 5:00 p.m.:
- Participate in a public hearing on Tuesday, July 13 beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- To provide oral testimony via phone at the hearing, participants must call 855-925-2801 and enter meeting code 8137. No preregistration required.
- To provide oral testimony via video, participants must preregister by emailing email@example.com by 5 p.m. on Monday, July 12, 2021.
- Information about how to participate via video will be provided after preregistration is confirmed.
- Submit written comments online at wmata.com/plansandprojects or Mail to:
Office of the Secretary
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
600 Fifth St NW
Washington, DC 20001
The proposed second entrance would be located at the east end of the station – near 18th Street S & Crystal Drive – and would provide easier access from Crystal Drive, the VRE station and the Metroway transit station. In addition, the proposed second entrance plan includes elevator upgrades to improve compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provide more conveniently located elevator access. The proposed second entrance would also serve as an additional emergency exit.
To learn more about the project, visit Arlington County’s website here. Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, disability or family status. ASL interpretation will be provided. To request other accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other language interpretation services (free of charge), contact the Office of the Board Secretary at 202-962-2511 (TTY: 202-962-2033) or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, so Metro can make the necessary arrangements before the public hearing date.