Metro service information for Thanksgiving
On Thanksgiving Day, rail and bus service will operate on holiday schedules (see below for details).
On Friday, Nov. 29, rail, bus and MetroAccess service will operate on a regular weekday schedule with normal fare and parking rates in effect. MetroAccess subscription trips will be cancelled. To book subscription trip, please make a separate reservation online (text only) or by calling 301-562-5360 (TTY 301-588-7535).
There are scheduled Silver Line service adjustments on the Saturday and Sunday following Thanksgiving.
Service information for Thanksgiving Day
- The rail system will open at 8 a.m. and close at 11:00 p.m.
- Trains will operate on a Sunday schedule. (every 15 minutes during daytime hours)
- Off-peak fares will be in effect all day.
- Parking will be free at all Metrorail parking facilities.
- All subscription trips will be canceled.
- Customers wishing to travel on the holiday should make a separate reservation online (text only) or by calling 301-562-5360 (TTY 301-588-7535)
In addition, Metro's customer information line, lost and found and customer relations call centers will be closed on the holiday.
Traveling to/from Washington Dulles International Airport
- Metrobus Route 5A provides direct service between Washington Dulles International Airport and L'Enfant Plaza and Rosslyn Metrorail stations.
- The fare for Route 5A bus service is $7.50 per person ($3.75 for seniors and people with disabilities).
- For detailed schedule information, please view timetable or use Trip Planner .
- Service to Washington Dulles International Airport is also available by taking the Silver Line to Wiehle-Reston East Station and riding the Silver Line Express bus ($5) or the Fairfax County Connector Routes 981 or 983 ($2.00) between the airport and the rail station.
Note to customers traveling to BWI
- The BWI Express/B30 service operates Monday-Friday only and will not operate on Thursday, November 28.
Traveling to/from Washington Union Station (Amtrak, VRE, MARC and Intercity Bus services)
- Union Station is served by Metrorail's Red Line.
- Use Trip Planner to check train schedules.
Traveling to/from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport