Office of Inspector General
The Office of Inspector General (OIG) for the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (Metro) was authorized by Board of Directors Resolution 2006-18 (PDF), approved April 20, 2006. The OIG supervises and conducts independent and objective audits, investigations, and reviews of Metro programs and operations to promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness, as well as to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse in such programs and operations. The Inspector General provides advice to the Board of Directors and General Manager to assist in achieving the highest levels of program and operational performance in Metro.
- Geoffrey Cherrington, Inspector General
- Stephen D. Dingbaum, Deputy Inspector General for Audits
- Rene Febles, Deputy Inspector General for Investigations & Special Projects
- Michael Mobbs, Counsel to the Inspector General
The Office of Inspector General Provides:
- excellence in our people, processes, products; and
- accountability for our work and compliance with professional standards; and
- integrity in everything we do, including ensuring that our products are fair, balanced, and credible.
To submit a report of fraud, waste, abuse or misconduct concerning Metro activities or operations, you may contact the OIG via:
- phone at 888-234-2374
- email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- postal mail to:
Attn: OIG Hotline
500 L'Enfant Plaza, SW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20024 For confidential communications, submitting complaints via phone or postal mail is preferable to email, as email is not encrypted.
Customer complaints about service should not be submitted to the OIG Hotline. Instead, please use our customer comment form.