Metro is seeking to fill over 200 Metrobus Operator positions in the next few months!
Missed the last open to the public testing event? No worries.
By-invitation testing sessions are now taking place. To receive an invitation:* Required Fields
1. Provide us with your contact information:
3. Apply Onnline: Student Metrobus Operator - Job Opening 200008
Metrobus Operator Training Program
Never driven a bus or commercial vehicle before? Not a problem! We offer a 10 -week paid training program that is interactive and learner centered. Trainees will learn how to safely operate a metro bus and gain a thorough understanding of WMATA rules, standard operating procedures, and federal regulations in performing this vital role. Trainees will also learn the expectations of professional and attentive customer service.
Metrobus Operator Trainee*:
To be accepted into the Metrobus Operator Training Program you must satisfy the job requirements; successfully complete an applicant assessment; and clear a background check and medical screening.
1. Job Requirements
- Be authorized to work in the United States
- Be twenty-one (21) years old or older at the time of testing
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of work experience to include two (2) years of customer service experience
- Possess a valid Driver's License or CDL license/permit from the jurisdiction in which you reside
- Be a licensed driver for at least four (4) years
2. Applicant Assessment:
- Metro utilizes an industry standard assessment to evaluate candidate suitability for the role of Metrobus Operator. This assessment is a computer-based tool consisting of seventy-five (75) multiple choice questions. Most complete this assessment in under forty-five (45) minutes.
3. Background Check & Medical Screening
- Job offers for the Metrobus Operator Trainee position are contingent on successful completion of a background check and medical screening. The background check consists of verification of your employment, education, driving record and criminal history. The medical screening includes a drug & alcohol test and physical examination.
If you don't already have a valid CDL license or permit with passenger and airbrake endorsements at the time you receive confirmation that you have cleared the background check (education, employment, traffic record and criminal history) and medical screening (drug & alcohol and medical physical exam), the final step before starting in an upcoming Bus Operator Trainee class is to obtain a CDL permit and/or the required endorsements from your local Department of Motor Vehicles.
- $12/hour with CDL Permit or $16/hour with a CDL License as a trainee
- $19.97/hour upon successful completion of training and award of the official Bus Operator position
If you haven't already done so, be sure to apply online.
Student Metrobus Operator - Job Opening 200008
Equal Opportunity Employer
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.