Build and Maintain a Premier Safety Culture and System
Create a Safer and More Secure Transit Experience for Customers and Employees.
Metro customers and employees deserve and expect a safe environment – on the job, in the buses, on the trains and in the stations and shelters.
Our expectation: A Metro ride is a safe ride.
Examples of Actions to Lead Us There
- Fully implement all National Transportation Safety Board recommendations
- Make key station and pathway improvements to reduce congestion and crowding and improve safety
- Implement targeted communication campaigns
- Deploy more Police and Safety Officers to "Hot Spots"
- Provide better information during incidents and emergencies
- Provide continual safety training and best practices to strengthen the safety culture
- Implement close-call reporting program
- Continue enforcement of OSHA and regulatory standards
- Conduct emergency preparedness and security drills and exercises
- Measuring Progress (coming soon)