At Metro's Bike & Ride facilities you can park your bike for free, in a secure, enclosed area with card access.
College Park-U of Maryland
- Register your SmarTrip® card. Go to wmata.com/SmarTrip to create an account and register your card. If you already have a registered SmarTrip® card, you're half way there. If you do not already have one, you can purchase a SmarTrip® card online, at any Metrorail station, or other convenient location.
- Sign up for Bike & Ride. Click here to sign up for access to Metro's Bike & Ride facilities. You'll receive a registration confirmation via email in 24- 48 hours.
- Park and retrieve your bike. Tap your registered SmarTrip® card on the target for access to the facility. Always lock your bike inside.
- For your own protection, don't allow anyone else to enter with you.
- Exit within 10 minutes of entering.
- Always lock your bike inside. A U-lock is preferred.
- If your SmarTrip® card is lost or stolen, contact the Office of Parking at 202-962-1066 or push the button at the kiosk for assistance.
- Register your bike with the Metro Transit Police Department at wmata.com/registerbike
- Maximum length of stay is 10 days.
What You Get
- Savings Instead of driving and paying to park your car, ride your bike to the station and park it for free.
- Security Our bike & Ride facility is monitored via security cameras and a registered SmarTrip® card is required to enter.
- Shelter No more wet seats and slippery pedals!
- Convenience Your registered SmarTrip® card is your key to every Metro Bike & Ride facility. Just tap your card on the target and open the door.
Tip: Keep a "Station Bike" at the Bike & Ride
Do you work near the station, but not close enough to walk? With secure parking at the Bike & Ride, you can keep your bike at the station overnight, arrive at the station in the morning, and finish your commute by bike.