B11-02: Proposed Adjustments to Metrorail Weekend Frequency, Metrobus Service and Increase to Anacostia Special Bus Fare, May 16-19, 2011
See the notice and directions in:
See the docket for a detailed description of the proposal and information on how to participate in the public hearing process.
Survey to Resolve the Funding Shortfall
If you wish to participate in a survey on possible options to resolve the funding shortfall, please go to http://survey.wbanda.com/budgetsurvey/. This site is available until noon on Friday, May 20, 2011.
Si usted desea participar en una encuesta sobre las posibles opciones para resolver el déficit de financiación, por favor vaya a http://survey.wbanda.com/budgetsurvey/. Este sitio está disponible hasta el mediodía del viernes, 20 de mayo 2011.
Overview of Proposed Changes
The public hearings will seek comment on the proposed FY2012 budget and on adjustments to Metrobus and Metrorail service as outlined below:
- The elimination of the E6, K1 and N8 routes;
- A restructuring of the M4 to extend that route to Knollwood Retirement Home to partially replace the E6 service;
- Shorten Routes 70 and 71 to operate between Silver Spring and Archives at all times and reduce peak period frequency. Establish new Route 74 to operate between Fort McNair/Buzzard Point and Gallery Place - Chinatown on weekdays between 5 AM and 8 PM. Restructure Route V8 to operate via Fort McNair and extend to Gallery Place - Chinatown evenings and weekends. Discontinue Route V7 after 8 PM on weekdays.
- Eliminate the Anacostia special fare which will increase the fare from $1.00 to $1.50 for SmarTrip® and to $1.70 for cash on routes 94, A2, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, M8, M9, W2, W3, W6 and W8 as well as for stops at or south of Good Hope Road for routes 90, B2, P1, P2, P6 and U2.
- Coincident with the fare increase described in Subsection 4 immediately above, increase the bus-to-rail and rail-to-bus transfer value from $0.50 to $1.00 for those customers transferring to or from routes 94, A2, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, M8, M9, W2, W3, W6 and W8 pursuant to an agreement with the District of Columbia as required by Compact § 79; and
- Widen Saturday headways from 12 minutes to 18 minutes until 9:30 PM and to 25 minutes after 9:30 PM until closing; and
- Widen Sunday headways from 15 minutes to 20 minutes until 9:30 PM and to 25 minutes after 9:30 PM until closing.
- Patrons using MetroAccess for a trip comparable to the fixed routes listed in Subsection 4 currently pay $2.00 but will pay $3.00 if the Anacostia special fare proposal is adopted because the established fare for MetroAccess is twice the equivalent fixed route fare.