EZ-Pay Is a Better Way to Pay
With EZ-Pay, you can prepay your MetroAccess fare by phone or the Internet with a credit/debit card, or in person with cash at the Metro Center Sales Office. You can also review your trip history online, and any complimentary trips that you receive will be credited to your account electronically. Take advantage of the convenience and security of EZ-Pay. Simply prepay with EZ-Pay, then show your MetroAccess photo ID to the driver when you board the vehicle.
Your EZ pay account is automatically established when you are certified for MetroAccess. Your MetroAccess customer ID is your Log on ID and MetroAccess password followed by the # key. Your default password is your eight-digit date of birth. Should you forget your password or need it reset, please contact the Transit Accessibility Center at 202-962-2700 and select option 5 (TTY 202-962-2033).
EZ-Pay Works with SmartBenefits®
If you receive a transit benefit through your employer's SmartBenefits® program, you can now direct your monthly transit benefit to MetroAccess. At the beginning of each month, you can call or log in to your EZ-Pay account to review your balance and transaction history. To direct your transit benefits to MetroAccess through your EZ-Pay account, you must have a registered SmarTrip® card and be enrolled in SmartBenefits®. For more information on SmartBenefits®, contact your employer or transit benefit provider.
Managing Your Account
With EZ-Pay, you can add money to your account whenever you want and keep track of the balance on your account. MetroAccess customer service representatives can also provide you with account information when you call to schedule a trip.
Please note that funds need to be available in your account prior to making a reservation for your trip. Money is deducted from your EZ-Pay account at the time you book your trip, not when you actually take the trip. For subscription riders, funds need to be available in your account eight (8) days prior to your subscription trip(s), since subscription trips are automatically reserved in the system a week prior to the actual day of travel.
Subscription trips are automatically cancelled for all federal holidays. Please note if you re-book your trip(s) for travel on a federal holiday, funds will need to be available prior to booking your trip(s). If funds are not available in your EZ-Pay account at the time of booking, you will be required to pay the driver in cash prior to boarding the vehicle.
Download the EZ-Pay brochure. (1.36 MB)
Using Your Account
- Call MetroAccess at 301-562-5360 and select option 4 for your EZ-Pay account (TTY 301-588-7535).
- You will be forwarded to the EZ-Pay system where you will be prompted to log in.
- Enter your MetroAccess customer ID, followed by the # key.
- Enter your MetroAccess password followed by the # key. Your default password is your eight-digit date of birth (mmddyyyy).
- Once your login ID is confirmed, the system will announce your MetroAccess EZ-Pay account balance. Please note that the balance reflects trips booked but not yet taken. When you book a trip, the amount of the fare will be deducted from the balance at that time. If you subsequently cancel the trip, the fare will be automatically refunded to your account immediately.
- Press 1 to add value to your EZ-Pay account using your Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover card.
- Press 2 to hear your EZ-Pay account balance again.
- Press 0 to return to the MetroAccess Call Center.
Go to MetroAccess EZ-Pay and log in to or set up your account.
- Log in to your MetroAccess EZ-Pay Account.
- Your login ID is your MetroAccess customer ID number.
- Your default password is your eight-digit date of birth (mmddyyyy).
- Once you've successfully logged in, select from the following options: View Balance, View Transactions, Add Value or Log Out.
- Select View Balance to display the current balance on your account. Please note that the balance reflects trips that have been booked but not yet taken. When you book a trip, the amount of the fare will be deducted from the balance at that time. If you subsequently cancel the trip, the fare will be automatically refunded to your account immediately.
- Select View Transactions and then enter a date range to display a description of your transactions. Keep in mind that the transaction date is the date you booked the trip. To view booked trips that have been cancelled, select the "Display all transactions" checkbox.
- Select Add Value to add value to your EZ-Pay account using your Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover card. Enter the value you want to add, your credit card information, and billing address. Once you complete the purchase, the value will appear immediately in your transactions list.
- When you are finished adding value to your EZ-Pay account or reviewing your account balance and transactions, click Log Out.
- Go to the Metro Center Sales Office in the Metro Center Metrorail station, 12th and F Streets, NW, Washington, DC. The sales office is open 8 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Tell the sales agent that you would like to add money to your MetroAccess EZ-Pay account. Please note that the balance provided to you by the agent reflects trips that have been booked but not yet taken.
- Show your MetroAccess photo ID to the sales agent. Cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover are accepted.