Metro News Release
For immediate release: March 3, 2014
Metro announces service plans for Tuesday, March 4
THIS PAGE DOES NOT CONTAIN THE LATEST SERVICE INFORMATION. CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST METRO SERVICE INFORAMATION.
Metro has announced the following service information for Tuesday, March 4, 2014:
- Metrorail: The rail system will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
- Metrobus: Buses will begin Tuesday operating on a severe snow service plan with limited service as indicated on Metro's website.
Under Metro's severe snow plan, only the following routes will have bus service, and only on the busiest portions of each route:
- District of Columbia: 32, 36, 52, 54, 70, 90, 92, A6/A8, S2, X2
- Maryland: 83, A12, C4, C22, D12, F4, J2, K6, P12, Q1, T18, Y9, Z8
- Virginia: 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 7A, 9A/REX, 10B, 16A, 22A/25A, 23A, 28A, 29N
Service will begin with the first scheduled trips of the day Tuesday. Bus riders are advised that even after service is restored, delays and detours are possible due to road conditions. More information on how buses operate under a severe snow plan
Additional bus routes will be restored when it is safe to do so. Metro continues to encourage riders to sign up for MetroAlerts to receive email or text-message updates for their specific routes. To sign up, visit www.wmata.com/metroalerts.
- MetroAccess: MetroAccess service will be restored starting at noon Tuesday. The MetroAccess telephone call center will reopen Tuesday at 10 a.m. to assist customers with scheduling reservations. Delays and service impacts are possible due to road conditions.
In addition, Metro's Customer Information Center (telephone information) will close at 7 p.m. today.
News release issued at 5:19 pm, March 3, 2014.