Metro News Release
For immediate release: October 25, 2013
Metrorail to open at 5 a.m. on Sunday, October 27, for the Marine Corps Marathon
Metrorail will open two hours early, at 5 a.m., on Sunday, October 27, for the Marine Corps Marathon.
- Participants should use Pentagon Station on the Blue and Yellow lines to access the start line.
- Arlington Cemetery Station will not open until 8:30 a.m., after the marathon is underway. The station should only be used to access to finish area or to leave the event after the race.
- To accommodate high ridership, Metro will operate additional Blue Line trains between Franconia-Springfield and Stadium-Armory between 5 a.m. and 8:15 a.m., and between 11:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Metro recommends using a SmarTrip card to speed your trip. SmarTrip cards can be purchased at any Metrorail station entrance for $10 ($2 for the card loaded with $8 in fare value). If using a paper fareard, a $1 per-trip surcharge applies. Be sure to load enough fare value on your SmarTrip or paper farecard for your entire roundtrip to avoid lines after the event.
Bus service changes
- Pentagon Bus Terminal will be closed from 4 a.m. until approximately 4 p.m.. During this time, Pentagon Metrobus service will be relocated to Pentagon City Station.
- Rosslyn Bus Terminal will be closed from 4 a.m. until approximately 6 p.m. During this time, all Metrobus service will be relocated to Oak Street.
The additional two hours of service is funded through an agreement with event organizers. For more information, please visit MarineMarathon.com.
News release issued at 9:10 am, October 25, 2013.