Metro News Release
For immediate release: June 20, 2013
Metrobus service improvements take effect June 30
Includes additional trips to reduce crowding and improve reliability
New Metrobus schedules and service improvements take effect Sunday, June 30, including additional trips on selected routes to reduce crowding and improve reliability. Metrobus riders are encouraged to pick up a copy of the Metrobus Service Change brochure, available in English or Spanish, aboard their bus or online at wmata.com.
New timetables are available aboard buses and on wmata.com.
Highlights by jurisdiction are provided below:
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
More trips will be added on the following lines to reduce crowding and improve on-time performance:
- Route 32 Pennsylvania Avenue - weekday mornings
- Route 63 Takoma - Petworth - weekday mornings and afternoons
- Route K2 Takoma - Fort Totten - school days
- Route W4 Deanwood - Alabama Avenue - weekday evenings and weekends
Schedule adjustments on the following lines in response to changes in ridership or to improve on-time performance by reflecting current traffic conditions:
- Routes 42,43 Mount Pleasant - every day
- Route 63 Takoma - Petworth - weekdays
- Route 94 Stanton Road - weekdays
- Routes 96, 97 East Capitol Street - Cardozo - every day
- Route D5 MacArthur Blvd. - Georgetown - weekdays
- Routes U5,U6 Mayfair - Marshall Heights - every day
- Route W4 Deanwood - Alabama Avenue - weekends
Schedule adjustments will improve on-time performance and additional trips will improve frequency of service on the following lines:
- Routes C2,C4 Greenbelt - Twinbrook - weekends
- Route P12 Eastover - Addison Road - weekends
Schedule adjustments will provide better connections between:
- Routes B21, B22 Bowie State University and Route C28 Pointer Ridge
- Route 89M Laurel and Routes G12, G14 Greenbelt - New Carrollton
- K6 New Hampshire Avenue and K9 New Hampshire Avenue Limited during the weekday PM peak period
The following lines will provide earlier weekday service:
- Route F13 Cheverly - Washington Business Park
- Route R1 Riggs Road
Route C27 Central Avenue from Six Flags Park will provide later service.
- Service to Landmark Mall will be discontinued and new service to Braddock Road and Hampton Drive will be added on Routes 7A,E,F,Y Lincolnia - North Fairlington.
- Service on Route 8W will be modified and service on 8X will be eliminated and replaced with additional 8W trips on Routes 8S,W,X,Z Foxchase - Seminary Valley.
- Later weekday evening service to Culmore on MetroExtra Route 16X Columbia Pike - Federal Triangle.
- MetroExtra designated stops will be added at Columbia Pike and Oakland Street to serve Routes 16X and 16Y.
For more information or assistance, call Metro Customer Information at 202-637-7000 [TTY 202-638-3780].
News release issued at 3:22 pm, June 20, 2013.