Metro News Release
For immediate release: April 22, 2012
Metro weekend track work April 27-29, 2012
Buses replace trains on Blue Line; single tracking in two sections on Red Line
Metro's massive rebuilding effort will continue over the weekend of April 27-29 on the Red and Blue lines. The work will begin at 10 p.m. Friday, April 27, and continue through system closing on Sunday, April 29.
Here is a summary of the work:
- Red Line: Single tracking in two work zones to allow for platform reconstruction at Takoma and Fort Totten, rail fastener renewal, tunnel leak repairs and track bed cleaning. Trains will operate every 24 minutes between Shady Grove and Glenmont. On Saturday and Sunday between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m., trains will operate every 12 minutes between Farragut North and New York Avenue only. View the advisory for complete details
- Blue Line: Buses replace trains between Pentagon and Rosslyn stations to allow for replacement of wooden rail ties. Arlington Cemetery will be closed. Blue Line trains will operate in two sections: between Franconia-Springfield and Mt. Vernon Square (via the Yellow Line bridge), and between Foggy Bottom and Largo Town Center. View the advisory for complete details
- Orange Line: No track work. Regular weekend schedule.
- Green Line: No track work. Regular weekend schedule.
- Yellow Line: No track work. Regular weekend schedule.
To receive email notification of upcoming track work, please sign up for MetroAlerts at wmata.com/metroalerts.
News release issued at 11:02 am, April 23, 2012.