Metro News Release
For immediate release: August 23, 2011
Metro Earthquake Update 2
Issued 3:25 p.m.
- All Metrorail trains will continue to operate at 15 mph until further notice as Metro personnel perform track inspections of the entire rail system.
- Customers should expect significant delays on Metrorail until further notice due to the reduced operating speed.
- The speed restriction is likely to remain in place for several hours and will likely affect the evening commute.
- At Union Station, the Massachusetts Avenue entrance has been closed. Customers should usea the First Street entrance instead.
- All Metrobus routes are operating with delays due to traffic signal outages and evacuating traffic.
Additional information will follow.
News release issued at 3:20 pm, August 23, 2011.