Metrobus to run modified Saturday service on Presidents Day
Route adjustments aligns service with customer demand
Metrobuses will operate on a modified Saturday service schedule on Presidents Day, Monday, Feb. 21, as part of bus service changes that were implemented in December, and allows the agency to provide additional service on busy routes.
The following service adjustments will occur in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia on Presidents Day:
• Routes B21, B22, B27, B29, B31, C11, C13, P18 and W14 will have no service
• Routes 87, 88, 89, 89M, B24, B25, P17, P19, W13, W15, W19, Z9, Z29, Z11 and
Z13 will run regular weekday service
• Routes J2, K6, Q4 and Z8 will not operate after 12:30 a.m.
• Routes C4 and Y7 will not operate after 1 a.m.
• All other routes will operate Saturday service.
• Routes 3Y, 11Y, 15K, 15L, 15M, 16L, 16Y, 17G, 17H, 17K, 17L, 18E, 18F, 18G,
18H, 18J, 24T and 28T will have no service.
• Routes 7B, 7C, 7H, 7P, 7W, 7X, 8S, 8W, 8X, 8Z, 9S, 16F, 17A, 17B, 17F, 17M,
18P, 18R, 18S, 21A, 21D, 28F, 28G, 29C, 29E, 29G, 29H, 29X, S80, S91 (TAGS) will operate weekday service.
• Routes 1B, 2A, 3E, 3T, 4B, 7A, 38B and REX will operate on a Saturday schedule with extra trips in the morning and evening rush hour periods.
• Routes 7A and 16E will not operate after 12:30 a.m.
• All other routes will operate a regular Saturday service.
District of Columbia
• Routes 37, 39, 79, A9, B8, B9, D1, D3, D5, E6, H1, K1, K2, M2, M4, M8, M9,
N8, S1, S9, U2, V5, X1, X3 and X9 will have no service.
• Routes 5A, 34, 64, 70, D4, D8, H6, H8, M6, U4, U5, U6, U8, W2, W3, W6 and
W8 will operate regular Saturday service.
• Routes 31, 32, 36, 42, 43, 52, 53, 54, 62, 80, 90, 92, 93, 94, 96, A2, A4, A5, A6,
A7, A8, A42, A46, A48, B2, D2, D6, E2, E3, E4, G2, G8, H2, H3, H4, L1, L2, L4, N2, N3, N4, N6, P1, P2, P6, S2, S4, U4, U5, U6, U8, V7, V8, W4, X2 and X8 will operate Saturday service with supplemental a.m. and p.m. peak trips.
• Routes G8 westbound and 64 southbound will not operate after 12:15 a.m.
• Routes A4 southbound, G2, G8 eastbound, and 82, W6 and W8 will not operate after 12:30 a.m.
• Routes W2 and A4 southbound will not operate after 12:40 a.m.
• Route P6 will not operate after 12:50 a.m.
• Routes 64 northbound, G2 westbound, 96, B2, H8 and U5 will not operate after 1 a.m.
• Route 64 will not operate after 1:15 a.m.
• Route D2 will not operate after 1:30 a.m.
• Route U8 will note operate after 2:30 a.m.
In addition to realigning bus service to demand, Metro used savings from these changes to provide additional service, including two new direct bus routes from Virginia into the District of Columbia, a limited-stop service between Capitol Heights and downtown Washington, and increased frequency of buses between Silver Spring and Bethesda.
Metro operates more than 300 bus routes across the region.
News release issued at 3:12 pm, February 16, 2011.